Oswego and Montgomery Police Department’s Award-Winning Character Program
The Oswego and Montgomery Police Departments embrace the CHARACTER COUNTS! Program and the “Six Pillars of Character”– trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. The program recognizes members of our communities that have displayed exceptional CHARACTER COUNTS! characteristics.
Now more than ever, the Oswego and Montgomery Police Departments feel that we need to identify and recognize individuals in our communities who represent good character. With these prestigious awards, community members have the opportunity to celebrate true heroes and future leaders. In addition, the program enhances the relationship between the Police Departments and the citizens of the communities, and foster positive interaction so the word can get out that CHARACTER COUNTS! in everyone.
Character Counts Program Objectives:
- To recognize good character and reinforce socially desirable behavior.
- To demonstrate that good people are newsworthy.
- To foster positive relations between the police departments and the communities.
- To promote CHARACTER COUNTS! in our communities.
- To reinforce the educational focus of developing people of good character.
CHARACTER COUNTS! and the Six Pillars of Character are service marks of the CHARACTER COUNTS! Coalition, a project of the Josephson Institute of Ethics